[esp-r] Re: Esp-r version 11.9

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 10:04:12 BST 2010

A question about checking out the trunk of ESP-r and getting it to work on Windows....

First, compiling from the raw source on windows is a bit of a challenge and getting
subversion working is just the first of many steps. ;-(

What most people do is to download a pre-compiled version of ESP-r from
the ESRU web pages.  It will be another week or so before the download pages
can be updated but those who want one of the 11.9 Installers for Native Windows
(there is a graphic version using the older GGC3 compilers and one compiled with
newer GCC4 compiler and which includes both the graphic and a text-only version
which is good for scripted tasks).  There is also an Installer for those who are
working in the Cygwin emulation environment on Windows machines.

If you want one of these to be uploaded to you via the sendthisfile service prior
to general availability then send me an email and specify which one you want.

If you are an uber geek and want to build your own I can send you instructions
for the dozens of steps needed to get a development environment working
under Windows.

Regards, Jon Hand