[esp-r] Re: Zero Stack Pressure

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Thu Jun 10 07:23:19 BST 2010

    Hi Mostapha     in addition to the below, I think your approach with
only one zone having external openings may be a general problem. The flow
simulation can't really solve this, I think, because what you have is a
possible flow path chain >in< the atrium (which is basically set up very
good, I would think) which is singularily connected to the outside. Remember
that one zone node can have only one temperature / pressure at one time
step.     Also, I would expect such a large atrium to have >some< leakage in
the lower floor (entrance door etc.).     Possible measures:   a) Split the
topmost zone into two (or three) that each have a connect to an exterior
node  b) also split the lowermost zone into two  c) as written below, add
some leakage to the lowermost zone     Do the thermal results seem
plausible? Do you have a "nice temperature stack" in the stacked zones?
Best  Achim

--------- Original-Nachricht --------