[esp-r] Re: defining general polygon obstructions

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed May 5 14:44:17 BST 2010

The intended definition of general polygon obstructions is to initially create
a standard obstruction in prj and then use the in-built facility to convert this
to a general polygon structure and the to edit the vertices.  The order
of the surfaces and edges of polygons generated via this approach is
what the shading module is looking for and tested for.

The limitations are 6 sides to the obstruction.  The user is assumed
to create surfaces which are flat (there is no interface check to force
a flat surface when you are editing polygons).  General polygon
obstructions are only available with the newer version geometry files.

There are examples of various obstruction types in the exemplar
model (folder) simple bld_simple_shd.cfg and in the zone geometry file
simple/zones/reception_shd.geo