[esp-r] Re: build esp-r with snow leopard and fink

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sat Mar 20 10:16:56 GMT 2010

Snow Leopard is using newer XCode compilers and is also the first pure 64 bit executables
running on OSX.  There are some known issues with 64 bit which have been corrected
with code that is not yet in the standard release.

This is work in progress.  Once we have it working we can release a version for
testing.

It might be possible to work with an older Leopard (10.5) version.  This needs to be
tested.

It is not clear from the message - what is the source of the tar.gz file?

Regards, Jon Hand