[esp-r] Re: weatherfiles

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 10:07:24 GMT 2010

Using a new weather file in ESP-r....

There is a section in the ESP-r Cookbook that discusses this.

If you want to use this climate file in several models it is useful to place
the climate file in the same folder as the standard climate files that
come with ESP-r.  You should also include an entry in the 'climatelist'
file so that it is possible to 'browse' the new climate file in the same
way that other climate files are accessed.  The clm module includes
a facility to create the block of text that needs to be edited into
the 'climatelist' file.

If you only want to use this climate with on model then copy
it into the model dbs folder or cfg folder and then directly
reference this file.

-ESRU