[esp-r] Re: Air flow networks, temperature pick up of internal nodes

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 09:25:28 GMT 2009

A question about flow networks...

The use of additional flow nodes to support control actions or additional components
are sometimes called bookkeepping nodes. If there are, for example, 3 bookkeepping
nodes within a zone officex one option is to define them as internal nodes of unknown
pressure and when it asks whether it should be a fixed temperature or take the
temperature of another zone choose the relevant node.  The entry in the flow
network with a real node manager_a and a bookkeepping node man_book which
took the temperature of manager_a would look something like:

 Node         Fld. Type   Height    Temperature    Data_1       Data_2
 manager_a       1    0   1.5000       20.000       0.0000       40.501
 . . .
 man_book        1    0   1.5000        manager_a         0.0000       40.501

I just ran a quick simulation and plotted the temperatures of the nodes
and found that man_book was a flat line at 20C.  So there would appear
to be a bug in the graphing facility.