[esp-r] Re: flow components ESP-r

Baharvand, E. e.baharvand at student.tue.nl
Wed Oct 21 14:16:51 BST 2009

So, can I conclude that it is not possible to define sort of an fictitious flow component, which doesn't influence the flow at all?
That I could possibly use the flow conduit (for duct or pipe), I knew already. But my intention is to avoid using the f (for friction) and the C (for distortion) first, and considering the "channel" having no influences (ideal channel) on the fluid flow. The same as - but different implementation -  it is done for fictitious constructions for connections between thermal zones.

For example, If I choose C and f being zero, than the square root of something infinite become infinite and the equation of general flow conduit will give mathematical errors (see the equation Clark book , second edition, page 132). Thus, I can't either implement a ideal channel by doing so.

That a channel is without pressure drops due to friction and distortions is not practically realistic, but the predications of such a approach I would like to use for some validation work (If this appears to be possible!).

Kind regards,
Ehsan Baharvand