[esp-r] flow components ESP-r

Baharvand, E. e.baharvand at student.tue.nl
Wed Oct 21 10:04:12 BST 2009

Dear all,

I would like to raise the next question about flow components used in air flow network in ESP-r.

In my study, where for the use of AFN is required, I need to choose from the flow components types exist in ESP-r database. The list of these components one can find - among other sources - in Clark J.A. " Energy simulations in building design"  on page 132 Table 5.4.

I'm considering a rectangular (2mx0.25m) cross section area of 11 meter height in which the stack effect is predicted. Considering this application, which flow components can be considered, if:
- assuming that there is no flow frictions/resistances in this channel (because I would like to consider the channel as ideal);

Beside above, in Clark's book Table 5.4. on page 132: what means the component 'Ideal (frictionless) open' ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ehsan Baharvand