[esp-r] Re: Heating and Cooling Loads

Georgios KOKOGIANNAKIS Georgios.KOKOGIANNAKIS at nottingham.edu.cn
Wed Sep 9 05:55:47 BST 2009

This is a very general topic. Assuming that you do not make any input mistakes, the comparison will depend on the input data, model complexity and algorithms used.
I did a bit of work during my PhD on model equivalencing and I used ESP-r and EnergyPlus (plus some simplified methods). For a specific set up and when you do not make any mistakes the two programs give results that are quite close to each other. However, the models were generally restricted to rules.
Of course, this can not be generalised.
For more info have a look at chapter 5 of my thesis: http://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/7816/

Regards,
Georgios