[esp-r] Re: Heating and Cooling Loads

Felipe Durán felipe at b-green.cl
Tue Sep 8 22:10:21 BST 2009

Leen,

I am working with the EPW climate file of Santiago de Chile in both
soft wares. I ve modelled a zone of 10 x 10 x 3 mt. high with no
ventilation and no internal gains. The results are:

ESP-r = 11.9 (heating), 1.86 (cooling)
IES = 14.6 (heating), 5.2 (cooling)

Now we got great differences in the cooling load. IES gave me 3 times
more cooling loads than ESP-r

Any ideas how to go proceed?

Felipe Durán Palma
Arquitecto PUC, MPhil. U. Cambridge
Director de Proyectos y Asesorías

Obispo Donoso 5 oficina 62 - Providencia - Santiago
felipe at b-green.cl - www.b-green.cl - 56 (2) 3431868