[esp-r] Re: Solar multiple tramsmission

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Mon Aug 24 07:01:49 BST 2009

Hi Tang

in general, yes and no. The "normal" obstructions you can use for shading in
ESP-r are opaque. However, if I understand your intentions correctly, you
could model what you describe with a kind of "double façade" approach. If
you including a flow network, you can then also simulate the natural / stack
ventilation. If you then improve resolution on the solar radiation
distribution ("calculate insolation" zone by zone into the deeper zones),
the "following" of the solar radiation should be detailed enough. I don’t
know if this approach has made its way into the CookBook, yet. However, some
time back there was a posting on this list in regard to how to set it up
(don’t have the link, though - maybe somebody else).

Regards
Achim