[esp-r] Re: difference between TRNSYS and ESP-r load value

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Mon Jul 20 20:40:06 BST 2009

> I have modeled a (50*15*27) 42 zone building in both TRNSYS 16 and ESP-r
> 11.6 but large differences are coming in cooling load values, for TRNSYS
> it is around 1400 GJ annual load but for ESP-r it is around 2200 GJ annual
> load,

On the assumption that the dimensions are in metres and the floor height
is 2.5 m, I believe the specific cooling demand is over 48 kWh/m2/year.

That suggests that apart from any modelling issues, it's not a
particularly good building design. So I hope it's a historical example -
what are the actual values for the building?

Regards, Dave