[esp-r] Re: Tilted shading obstructions

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 09:52:16 BST 2009

A question about shading obstructions...

I need to represent a tilted shading obstruction of a building in esp-r. As far as I know, esp-r only allows to rotate obstructions around the Z axis, but in my case I need to rotate it around X or Y axes. Is that possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Only one axis of rotation is available at this time.  We are working on code
which supports 3 axis of rotations.

The work-around is to represent complex obstructions via a number of
smaller obstructions which together approximate the shape.  E.g. a
sloped shading device could be represented by several small blocks
which have their origins along the slope.