[esp-r] Re: casual gains control - fault was not replicated

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jun 29 17:00:18 BST 2009

A further question about the code in casual gain control...

I just single stepped through the code related to setting up casual gain control
into one of the standard ESP-r example models and the process created a zone
casual gain control file (which looks ok).  The only difference with what the
recent messages was that I was using a model which was setup with the
standard multiple model folders (cfg zones, dbs etc.).  There were no range
errors or string buffer overflows during this session.

I was using my branch (which is newer than the development branch (but
since no one has altered the code in edcasctl.F recently that should not
have been an issue.  I was using the F90 compiler on 64 bit CentOS.  There
is still a chance that something in the code is sensitive to the newest GCC
compilers.

Note:  this code has some logic which might cause an issue for the native
windows version of ESP-r (the folder separator character is / rather than \.

Because I have not been able to replicate the error, I suggest that the
originator of the message attempt a debug session with break points
within the code near where the fault was reported.