[esp-r] Re: v11.7 on Ubuntu 9.04

Bart Lomanowski blomanow at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 26 19:58:56 BST 2009

Hello Radu,

> 1. Did anyone manage to run v11.7 on Ubuntu 9.04? v11.6 works fine,
> for 11.7 I can't find libgfortran.so.1 (only gfortran2 and 3 seem to
> be available)

The Install script for v11.6 by default looks for the g77 fortran
compiler whereas for v11.7 it looks for gfortran, which may not be
installed on your system. Try running the command "gcc --version". If
your version is 3.4.6 or lower then pass the "--gcc3" argument when
you run the Install script. You can also run the command "./Install
--help" for more arguments that you can use to manipulate the install
process.

Hope that helps,
Bart