[esp-r] Surface balance question

radu_trm at yahoo.com radu_trm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 16:18:07 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to account the heat passing from the floor zone to the roof zone through the ceiling surface.
The roof space is free floating and the floor has an ideal zone controller .
I've been looking at the surface energy balance for this surface (ceiling on floor_zone, floor in roof zone).
I expect that all the gain in roof space comes from the heated floor space (winter simulation).
But I have no idea how I should read the balance for ceiling in floor_zone so that I can figure the heat going above (Trying to see the loss through that surface).

I attach the surface balances from res module.

I think I don't have to say any more that I am new to esp-r. :)
I've gone through the cookbook and trying to follow its advices as much as possible. I've also had a look in mailing list archives.

I have few other questions, I dare to ask them all at once:
1. Did anyone manage to run v11.7 on Ubuntu 9.04? v11.6 works fine, for 11.7 I can't find libgfortran.so.1 (only gfortran2 and 3 seem to be available)
2. I've found few references to I2PV: is this generally available? Where?
3. Is there a way to perform a sequence of simulations on a model where only the constructions change? I'm trying to compare results obtained with various insulation combinations (glass wool, few wood wool kinds, with/without vapour-proof layer, etcd).So far I create versions, but I's a little slow and error prone (at least for me :)
4. how can I represent a wall that is covered outside by wood boards, placed  20 mm far from the wall itself ? That is wood, free air, insolation, bricks etc. (sorry I don't know the English words for this construction style - in French this is called "bardage" )

Being my first email, I feel that I already abuse with so many questions... yet I'm thankful to anyone answering or pointing me to some extra "education"!

Regards,
Radu

OS/2? then http://www.netlabs.org