[esp-r] Re: pressure coeffcient calculation error

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 12:12:26 BST 2009

A recent question about pressure coefficient calculations...

I am trying to calculate pressure coeff. values using esp-r and then
adding it to a new database but every time a define a coordinate and try
to calculate the pressure coeff. it gives me the following error.

Failed in.../zones/1floor.geo conversion of no. pressure item value in -0.100

In ..zones/1floor.geo error reading press db ln1 EOF sensed

What can be the problem and why is trying this in geometry file??

The code for calculating pressure coefficients has not been updated
so that a low level read failure is reporting an incorrect file name
where the error was trapped.

To reproduce the specific error we would need you to describe EVERY
one of the parameters you were attempting to use in the calculation.
Including the dimension of the building and facade and the point on
the facade (assuming you are attempting to use the CPCALC method).
A sketch would also be useful.

The message does not make it clear - please confirm whether you
were attempting to use the CPCALC method or a different part of
the ESP-r interface.

One option, if you are only attempting to insert pre-calculated values
into an exisiting pressure coefficients database is to edit this
file with a text editor (it is a simple format).