[esp-r] Re: ESP-r 11.6 and Radiance in Cygwin

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jun 11 08:38:23 BST 2009

One of the Radiance related packages that ESP-r uses during
some assessments driven by the e2r module is a package called
gendaylit.  This does the Perez sky model.

I found that the package that I had downloaded from the Radiance site
some time ago needed to be patched to reflect the location (/usr/local/bin) where Radiance
tends to be installed on Linux and OSX and Cygwin boxes.  There
is also a small patch for a clash in a macro name which happens on
some computers.

I have compiled this on OSX under GCC as well as on Ubuntu 8.04 with
no errors. It should probably work on Cygwin.  If someone wants this
tar file with the patches I can send it to you.

It might be worth considering whether we should include this on
the ESRU download page under a helpers section or even to add it
into the subversion repository.