[esp-r] ESP-r is going to be simulating much faster now for larger models!

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri May 8 14:19:40 BST 2009

I just completed some testing of ESP-r on a 71 zone model and it took about 15 minutes
to do an annual simulation at save level 6 and 20 startup days and 15 minute timestep
(save level 6 generates a monthly summary so run that would generate a full binary
results file will take longer).

This same model took ~2 hours a few weeks ago.  My computer is an older 1.6GHZ AMD box
so it is what most people would call slow.

The recent patch made by the folk in Ottawa seems to have made a considerable
difference!   BRAVO.  The next release is going to be much more productive!

Regards, Jon Hand