[esp-r] Re: Obstructions

Ralph Evins Ralph.Evins at BuroHappold.com
Sat Apr 18 14:48:48 BST 2009

"The shading and insolation module (ish) provides
facilities to calculate shading patterns on exterior
surfaces and the insolation distribution across the
inside surfaces of a zone."

So yes, you need to run it for every zone that may be influenced by your obstruction.

When you change an obstruction, it will prompt you to rerun shading calcs either silently or interactively.

If this turns out to be too complicated, it is possible to approximate shading by running one or two zones in each orientation and interpolating between them without too much loss of accuracy. We do this externally; it might be possible to do in ESP-r for identical zones by assigning shading files to multiple zones.

Ralph.

-----Original Message-----
From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk on behalf of Felipe Durán
Sent: Fri 4/17/2009 20:48
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r]  Obstructions

Dear All,

I am modelling an obstruction representing an horizontal shading
device of a window.
when the model is done, Do I have to run the ish module? Do I have to
run it for the particular zone or for all the zones of the model?

When I try to simulate ESP-r tells me that "Some zones have missing or
corrupt shading files. The model not yet complete vis-a-vis thermal
simulation." What does it means?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Felipe Durán Palma
Arquitecto PUC, MPhil. U. Cambridge
Director de Proyectos y Asesorías

Obispo Donoso 5 oficina 62 - Providencia - Santiago
felipe at b-green.cl - www.b-green.cl - 56 (2) 3431868

This message has been scanned by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com