[esp-r] Re: Question about PV electricity production

Mottillo, Maria Maria.Mottillo at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Mar 31 18:07:16 BST 2009

Francesco,

The equation calculates the effective solar radiation on the module
(fQPnl) as :

( Et,b * (1 - r(theta)) + Et,d * (1-r(60)) ) / r(0)

where
Et,b is the beam/direct component of solar radiation in the plane of the
array;
r(theta) is the reflectance of the front surface of the module for an
angle of incidence theta (note that in the code 1-r is represented by
fTrans_*);
Et,d is the diffuse component of solar radiation in the plane of the
array;

-Maria

-----Original Message-----
From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
francesco.frontini at polimi.it
Sent: March 31, 2009 08:04
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] Re: Question about PV electricity production

Dear Maria, Ian and all
thank you for your answers, I found the code and the equation but it =20
is not yet clear what you want to say with:
"the effective irradiance reaching the PV module by taking into =20
account the reflectance of the module's front cover at the angle of =20
incidence, at 60 degrees and at 0 degrees".
That means that an interpolation is made from 0=B0 to 60=B0 to reduce
the = =20 irradiance reaching the module to evaluate the electricity
production. =20 The following formule is not really clear for me:

fQPnl =3D ( EXDIR(ispmloc(ISPMNOD,2)) * fTrans_IncAng +
       &           EXDIF(ispmloc(ISPMNOD,2)) * fTrans_60 ) /
       &         fTrans_0

Can you explain me it?

Regards

Francesco