[esp-r] daylight coefficient

Chandrayee Basu chandrayeeee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:00:55 GMT 2009

Hello All

I need to see the impact of building orientation on daylighting in a given
building type for which I am trying to use the daylight coefficient facility
of ESP-r. The coupling with Radiance is happening properly, but when I am
trying to edit the sky type and location module, the text window says "not a
radiance sky file" and further when I am asking to show the daylight
coefficient results it says "no results available for this option". Has
anyone worked with daylight coefficient option of ESP-r or the daylight
based lighting control system of ESP-r recently. If anyone has can please
someone tell me what could be the reason of this and how it can be
rectified. Is there a documentation of how to proceed with daylight
coefficient calculation coupling ESP-r with Radiance? Further are the
results reliable?

Regards
Chandrayee
--