[esp-r] Re: api

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:10:02 GMT 2009

Patrick,

I'm currently using MATLAB to modify input files, run
simulations, and extract the results.  Here's an example command for
running the simulation in MATLAB:

dos('C:\HOT3000ReleaseCandidate2\bps
-file C:\HOT3000ReleaseCandidate2\user\WizardHouse\cfg\WizardHouse.cfg
-mode text -p def silent');

Where dos is the MATLAB command to
run a program from the command line, the first term is the location of
bps, the second in the cfg location, and def is the result set name.
That was used to simulate an ESP-r model made in HOT3000, but it would
be the same for models made directly in ESP-r.  I don't think there's
any need to modify ESP-r code.  The hardest part is figuring out some
of the input file structures.  But you can deduce what things mean by
using prj at first to modify one thing at a time and see how the input
files change.  Of course, you could look at the ESP-r code directly to see how the input files are interpreted, but I didn't find this necessary.

The results can be extracted fairly easily from the CSV or XML output files.

Hope that helps.

Liam O'BrienDate: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:49:52 +0800