[esp-r] Re: effect of longitude and latitude on the PV window power output?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jan 1 10:49:32 GMT 2009

The first issue is -28.9 degrees.   How was this number arrived at?  The definition of longitude
difference was given in a previous email.

There are few cities which are ~28 degrees away from the local time meridian.  There are
some places in Portugal which are slightly more than 15 degrees
away from their time meridian and there is China which is one time zone but ~50 degrees
wide.

Using -28.9 will shift the sun position quite a bit, it is almost certainly incorrect (unless you are in China)
and if you looked at the predictions for solar early and late in the day you would probably notice that
the sunrise and sunset were at an extreme time.   There are web sites that allow you to plot sunrise
and sunset times at different locations and you might use these as a check.

Regards, Jon Hand