[esp-r] Installing the new version of ESP-r om Ubunto version 8.10

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Fri Nov 28 13:39:27 GMT 2008

Dear ESP-r Community,

I have just begun installing the new version of ESP-r on Ubuntu Version 8.10.

I have added the following to the .profile file in /home/pha:

#Set PATH for ESP-r and Radiance
RAYPATH= .:/lib:/opt/radiance/lib:/opt/radiance/bin
PATH=$PATH:/opt/esru/bin:/opt/esru/esp-r/bin:/opt/radiance/lib:/opt/radiance/bin

and I get the following error when trying to run esp-r:

prj: error while loading shared libraries: libg2c.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have tried to find the libg2c.so.0 file  but without any luck.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Best regards

Per Haugaard

Per Haugaard,

Griffenfeldsgade 33, 2.tv