[esp-r] 3D gridding

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 04:11:18 BST 2008

Hello All,

I'm attempting to model an apartment with a concrete balcony for which the slab is continuous from the balcony to the interior.  I have a couple questions about this:
- If I model the balcony as a zone (not sure how I would do it otherwise), can I set it up so that conduction occurs between the slab in the balcony zone and the floor of the apartment zone?
- For the manual addition of grid lines, why does ESP-r request two coordinates for a horizontal gridline, for example, when this could be defined with a single value?  Am I missing something?
- It is possible to subdivide the slab in the thickness direction, or should this be merely done by having multiple identical layers in the construction definition?

Finally, if anyone knows a good source of information for the 3d gridding process, please let me know.  I found the only relevant exemplar overly complex.

Thanks very much.

Liam O'Brien