[esp-r] shading & insolation analysis with new *.geo format

Hall Monika Monika.Hall at josef-gartner.ch
Mon Sep 29 12:12:10 BST 2008

Dear all,

did anyone tried the shading & insolation analysis with the new *.geo format?

My model is a simple box with one glazing (exterior). I create this with vs. 3412 and get the old *.geo format. The shading insolation was no problem. But when I change into the new format style, I get the message "No insolation source surface found!".

This problem appears when I create the geometry, change into the new format and try the insolation.

If I make the geometry, do insolation, change into the new geometry style and do the insolation again, then the insolation is ok. It depends on the sequence!

Old *.geo format

#  X co-ord, Y co-ord, Z co-ord

      0.00000     0.00000     0.00000  # vert   1

      5.00000     0.00000     0.00000  # vert   2

      5.00000     3.00000     0.00000  # vert   3

new *.geo format

# tag, X co-ord, Y co-ord, Z co-ord

*vertex,0.00000,0.00000,0.00000  #   1

*vertex,5.00000,0.00000,0.00000  #   2