[esp-r] Re: amorphous shape building

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 09:48:01 BST 2008

Building shapes...

::I am a beginner of Esp-r, my question is that can Esp-r simulate an amorphous shape building? or just rectangle?

Quick answer is.... zones are created from polygons (3-24 edges each) and
although each surface must be flat you can combine surfaces to
approximate almost any form of enclosure as long as each zone
is fully bounded by surfaces.

To get an idea - download the ESP-r cookbook and look at the
examples given.  Also there are dozens of example models
which can give an idea of the possible shapes.

Regards, Jon Hand