[esp-r] Re: Different Casual Gains On Weekdays

Georgios Kokogiannakis georgios at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 11:02:25 BST 2008

Hi Holger,

what Aizaz suggests is only available throught the ESP-r development branch.
You will have to use the subversion program to obtain this (available at
https://esp-r.net/espr/esp-r/branches/development_branch).

This is not available in the latest released version. You can however use the
timestep temporal file (i.e. tdf) for this purpose. You can find it in the
"model context" menu and inside the "impose measured data" option.
I am not fully sure if this facility works properly in windows and it is a bit
tricky to set it up properly. It works well though when you get it right.
You can also import data from external csv files.
I will copy an example that was given in this list some time ago for the
number of data you need in that file:
if you want to simulate 4 days and you have 2 start-up days, you
need: 4*24+2*24+1*24=168 data in your file.

You will need to make sure that the simulation timestep corresponds to the
time interval in the tdf file. This is not a barrier anymore for some of the
development versions of ESP-r. It is probably included in the develpment
branch (certainly in the prj_dev branch) together with other improvements of
this facility.

Let me know if you do not manage to set this up and I will try to send you an
example.

Regards,
Georgios

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 10:29, Aizaz Samuel wrote:
> Holger,
>
> Go to model context menu > calendar and create new day types (e.g. Monday,
> Tuesday and so on). You will be asked if operations files should be
> updated; choose yes. Next link day types to actual days (this is still a
> tedious process in that you have to link each of 365 days that you want
> changed individually).
> Now you may go to individual zone based operations files and add operations
> data for day types that you have created.
>
> Note that day types are not available for controls yet but will soon be.
>
> Regards,
> AIzaz
>
> On Tuesday 17 June 2008 11:15, Holger Bertling wrote:
> > Hello community,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to edit
> > different occupancies for weekdays?
> > The GUI doesn't seem to have such a setting
> > and I don't know
> > how to write it in the operation-file
> > to get it work.
> >
> > Could somebody send me such an operation-file?
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >
> > Best regards
> > Holger

Energy Systems Research Unit (ESRU)