[esp-r] Re: Contamination modelling reveals multiple issues

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jun 17 11:46:02 BST 2008

Unfortunately, H3KReports does not currently report data from flow
networks. Adding new data to h3kreports is trivial, provided you're
already familiar with the underlying source code. I'd happily provide
guidance for extending the scope of h3kreports to other developers who
are interested in mass-flow-networks.

- Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Geissler Achim
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:23 AM
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] Re: Contamination modelling reveals multiple issues

Christian,
in addition to the below, are you aware of the .xml output option? I do
not know to which extent the contaminant and mass and air flow variables
are threaded through to this output (plant output is to some degree),
but if the variables you need are, it is much quicker than using res in
my opinion (if you have a "graph tool of your choice" to hand, anyway).
And, as it "only" dumps all the results values, there should be no
strange output depending on sequence of results analysis (which sounds
scary in any case!):

Quote:
Selective extraction of data based on user-inputs prior to a simulation
exist in the xml-output. It works as follows:
H3Kreports stores selected data in memory, or (optionally) on disk. Data
not specified in the input.xml file are dropped.
At the end of the simulation, H3Kreports spits out an out.xml with
annual and monthly summary data, and (optionally) an out.csv file with
time-step-by-time-step data.
If the user provides a path to a valid xslt stylesheet, bps will use the
libxslt library to dynamically translate into another format (e.g.
.html, .svg)

A sample input.xml file follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <!-- format of resulting out.xml file -->
  <hierarchy>flat</hierarchy>

  <!--Optionally dump all data to out.xm-->
  <dump_all_data>true</dump_all_data>

  <!--Instructions for style-sheet transform of out.xml file -->
  <apply_style_sheet>true</apply_style_sheet>
  <link_style_sheet>false</link_style_sheet>
  <transform_destination_file>summary.csv</transform_destination_file>

<style_sheet>/home/aferguso/esp-r/xsl/generic_summary.xsl</style_sheet>

  <!--Create a list of all data available for output-->
  <output_dictionary>true</output_dictionary>

  <!--Possibly include data from start-up?-->
  <report_startup_period_data>false</report_startup_period_data>

  <!--Apply timestep averaging?-->
  <time_step_averaging>false</time_step_averaging>

  <!--Allow regexp-like wildcard matching for list of output
variables-->
  <enable_xml_wildcards>true</enable_xml_wildcards>
  <!--List of data to appear in out.xml-->
  <log_variable>building/month</log_variable>
  <log_variable>building/time/future</log_variable>
  <log_variable>building/all_zones*</log_variable>
  <log_variable>building/zone_??/flux*</log_variable>
  <log_variable>building/zone_??/air_point/temperature</log_variable>
  <log_variable>building/zone_??/casual_gains*</log_variable>
  <log_variable>climate/dry_bulb_temperature</log_variable>
  <log_variable>climate/solar/direct_normal_radiation</log_variable>
  <log_variable>total_fuel_use*</log_variable>
  <log_variable>plant/ideal*</log_variable>
  <!--List of data to appear in out.csv-->
  <step_variable>building/month</step_variable>
  <step_variable>building/time/future</step_variable>
  <step_variable>building/all_zones*</step_variable>
  <step_variable>building/zone_??/flux*</step_variable>
  <step_variable>building/zone_??/air_point/temperature</step_variable>
  <step_variable>building/zone_??/casual_gains*</step_variable>
  <step_variable>climate/dry_bulb_temperature</step_variable>
  <step_variable>climate/solar/direct_normal_radiation</step_variable>
  <step_variable>total_fuel_use*</step_variable>
  <step_variable>plant/ideal*</step_variable>
</configuration>