[esp-r] Re: Emissivity

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri May 30 11:10:10 BST 2008

You are correct that bps is reading the zone construction
files for the emissivity and that you could manually edit
these files (with great fear because it is liable to
being overwritten).  Users used to do such editing
and it often created subtle errors in models so there
are lots of dragons there!

But remember these emissivities are for the front surface
of the whole construction and the back of the whole constuction.
For the case of a single layer construction editing would
be required to get the different properties.  \

And remember that ESP-r does not use the emissivity
at each side of an air gap - it uses an air gap resistance.
I believe that someone is working on code to explicitly
model the radiant transfer in an air gap.

-Jon Hand