[esp-r] Re: installing on Vista

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu May 1 08:49:30 BST 2008

I am not aware of any reports yes or no about the installer
on Vista.  My guess would be that the basic extraction and
copying of files should work. If there was a problem it might
be in the setting up of the PATH environment variable or in
the association of *.cfg files with the esp-r.cmd script.

Everyone I know continues to use XP. If anyone out there
is using Vista and could share  their experiences that would
be useful.

There should be a new version of ESP-r SOON.  So there will
need to be another check when it is released.

-Jon Hand