[esp-r] Low-e coatings

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:00:23 GMT 2008

Hello,

I want to model a low-e coating on a new window construction.  As far as I can tell, materials (i.e. glass) are defined as homogeneous in the materials library, and thus have a single emissivity value.  However, clearly a low-e coating will cause the glass to have two different emissivity values.  Could anyone share how they have modeled this?

Also, it would be useful in future versions of ESP-r to have fill gases other than air.  I know the properties of the air can be changed, but it would save a step to be able to choose argon or krypton, for example.

Thanks!

Liam O'Brien