[esp-r] Uncertainty Analysis

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Wed Feb 27 12:50:27 GMT 2008

Hi all,

has anybody recently used the "uncertainty analysis" feature of ESP-r? I did succeed in setting up a seemingly working .ual file (though editing this is quite tricky, as contents are often erased by the project manager interface) and running a simulation in "differential" mode - according to >help< the only mode actually available - which automatically did a few runs ... that seemed O.K.

The results also seem to be affected between the runs. However, I would be interested, if

(a)     this feature is being / has been "kept up to date" in the current versions, i.e. is viewed to be usable?

(b)     my observation, that an air flow network connected with a model with uncertainty analysis seems not to be rerun for each of the automatic, consecutive runs? In any case, the time stamp of the air flow results file does not change.

(c)     it is possible to somehow extract the actual changes in parameters from the results file? That would be good to be able to cross check if the simulations used the parameter variations I had intended ...

(d)     there is an up-to-date description of the input parameters / file structure / toggle switches etc.? Most of the >help< texts are empty.

Thanks for any input,