[esp-r] Re: Solar Obstruction unexpected results

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 15:47:12 GMT 2008

Jon et al,

Thanks for the response.  I moved my massive block 10cm from the window plane.  The shading analysis seems to have worked properly (direct sun makes it through the gap between the obstruction and the wall in the summer months early and late in the day, but otherwise not at all).  However, the simulation results still don't reflect this.  The peak "solar entering from outside" still occurs midday, which is exactly when the direct sun should be completely blocked out.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Liam O'Brien