[esp-r] A difference in the result

Mirsadeghi, M. M.Mirsadeghi at tue.nl
Thu Sep 20 14:49:55 BST 2007

Dear All,

I am studying a theoretical problem using ESP-r. My model comprises of
two zones: target zone and a bounding zone and the common surface
between the zones is called "le".  I have run two simulations: The first
one is using free floating control. In Fig.1 (the attached file) the
outside surface temperature of "le" for the target zone and the inside
surface temperature of "le" for the bounding zone is plotted which the
two curves are the same.

In the second simulation I have assigned a specific temperature profile
(by means of temporal file in model context) to "le" as a control file
for the bounding zone and plot its surface temperature like above by two
different ways. (Inside surface of bounding zone and outside surface of
the target zone). In this case there is a difference between the curves.

Now my question is that since the surface temperature node is fixed in
the matrix why we have this discrepancy between the curves in Fig.2 ?

And also which of these tow much this curve has affected the zone air
dry bulb of the target zone?

Many thanks,

Mohammad Mirsadeghi