[esp-r] Re: Esp-r linux install

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sat Jun 2 17:34:37 BST 2007

A recent email about installing on Ubuntu...

::Subject: [esp-r] Re: Esp-r linux install

::on Ubuntu, yet. Ubuntu doesn't know what to do with a .run file.

There web page where the linux installer was found also has
a readme file and the 4th paragraph says what to do if
the run file does not execute.

The readme file does not list all of the library files that it
is dependant on (that should be easy to add to the readme).
It also does not list where to find these libraries (there are
rather a lot of Linux distributions).

The X11 version has very few dependencies.
If you have 'the gimp' installed you should have everything you
require for the GTK version.  Ubuntu has a software
installer that is quite adept at installing libraries and applications
that do not come on the initial install disk.

-ESRU