[esp-r] Re: climate config

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 17:32:23 BST 2007

A recent question about converting EPW file....

> i am trying to install some climate data (... IWEC.epw format) to
> use them
> but i can not manage it.
> I tried to use the instruction as in Cookbook but
> something goes wrong and i dont know what.

The first issue is are you looking at the current (Jan/Feb 2006) version
of the cookbook?

The second issue is "something goes wrong"  is not specific
enough to tell you what to do.

a) Were there any warnings given?
b) What did the warnings say?
c)  What specifically makes you think the process has failed?
d) Was a climate file produced and is there any data in it?
e) Which EPW file were you trying to convert? - it might be that
     someone else has already done this and they could send
    you a file.

-ESRU