[esp-r] Re: Esp-r linux install

Duncan Lithgow dlithgow at gmail.com
Thu May 31 06:34:42 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 10:13 +0100, Jon Hand (clcv10) wrote:
> You need to know where you installed the ESP-r modules (e.g. prj res
> bps) on
> your machine.  And then you can add the correct environment variables.

With due respect to the developers I think that if esp-r cannot set
environmental variables without user intervention (beyond giving
permission) then that should be regarded as a usability bug.

Surely this is high on the "list of critical issues
to bring more 'new blood' into the developer and user
community" (quoting the Summary of March ESP-r developers workshop)

Keep up the great progress.

Duncan