[esp-r] Re: "slab-on-grade hydronic floor" to activate concret slabs

Hall Monika Monika.Hall at josef-gartner.ch
Wed May 9 15:23:34 BST 2007

Dear Mr. Laouadi,

thank you very much. Now it is clear.

Kind regards
Monika

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk [mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Laouadi, Aziz
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:46 PM
To: Hall Monika; esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] Re: "slab-on-grade hydronic floor" to activate concret slabs

Dear Monika,

The "injection node number" means the node in the construction layer where heat is injected in or retrieved from (in other words, the position of the water pipe in the layer).  Note that ESP-r uses three nodes per construction layer and the node numbering starts from the exterior.

Example: insulated slab on grade:

Layer 1- insulation in contact with ground: node 1 (surface in contact with ground, 2 (centre) and 3 (surface in contact with slab).
Layer 2-concrete slab in contact with interior environment: node 4 (surface in contact with insulation, 5 (centre) and 6 (surface in contact with room air).

So if pipes are placed in the centre of slab, the injection node number will then be 5.

Note, you may add additional layers on top of slab, or you may sub-divide a thick slab into a number of sublayers to get more accurate results.  In this case, just follow the node numbering as explained above or in ESP-r manual.

I hope this helps.

A. Laouadi