[esp-r] Simulation with PCM

Ali fallahi ali.fallahi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:07:12 BST 2007

Hi,

I am doing a simulation using PCM in one of my zones. I have 8
surfaces in that  zone and I would like to put PCM on 4 of them. I
started defining PCM by going to browse/edit/simulate > composition >
active materials and then I defined and assigned PCM to the 4 surfaces
of that zone.  However it seems that this definition of PCM  has no
effect on the results of simulation. Moreover when I close the file
and reopen it in active material section I get this message:

Failed in ../zones/fcd8.geo: conversion of - value in
An error has occurred while reading the special materials file - check
file format!

I am getting this error report from the zone which is not the one I am
trying to put PCM !!

Now, my question is whether I need to go somewhere else and to do
something else before defining PCM in active material section. Do I
need to define special construction for the base of PCM in
construction database or PCM can be put on any arbitrary construction?

Many Thanks,
Ali Fallahi