[esp-r] Re: Florence weather file

Heiko Wöhrle woehrle at umt-ulm.de
Fri Feb 16 13:05:20 GMT 2007

Hi Giuseppina,

weather data for many locations can be found on the page of the U.S.
Department of Energy in the energyplus-weather-format:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm

As far as i can remember, the import of epw's is described in the esp-r
cookbook.

But be careful with the provided data, i'm not sure if it is from
measurements or just calculated in some way. I recognized a huge
discrepancies in the solar radiation for german locations between the
epw's and the data of the german weather information service.

best regards,

heiko