[esp-r] Night purge or ambient air ventilation scheme

Wachenfeldt Bjørn Jenssen Bjorn.J.Wachenfeldt at sintef.no
Thu Feb 15 12:18:31 GMT 2007

Hello Jon, and other Esp-r developers/users
A while ago, you sent an e-mail on the esp-r list about how to implement a night purge ventilation scheme. The purpose is typically to investigate night cooling strategies based on natural ventilation or mechanical supply of unconditioned ambient air.

The problem is that the method is based on a controller sensing Delta T between inside and outside temperature, and that this control option is not available in the project manager for ESP-r version 10.12 or 11.2.

I have a vague memory of having seen this control option in some other version though, and I also remember that there has been som discussion about implementing more advanced control options (allowing for multiple checks of type: if (Troom>Tcooling setpoint) and (Tamb<Troom) then (perform action)

The question is thus: Is there an ESP-r version out there that allows for this type of control, or that at least allows for using delta T as a control parameter?

Regards, Bjørn J. Wachenfeldt