[esp-r] FW: Question about ground modelling - call for interest

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 22 15:42:17 GMT 2006

To the community.....

Recently there has been some interest in brining the ground
conduction model in ESP-r from its current trully obscure
status to some thing that is approachable by (at least some)
of the rest of us.  The email below is an example...

The sorts of skills/ information this is going to require is:

a) the belief that ground heat transfer is an important issue

b) sufficient experience/intuition to appraise whether the
    predictions are in line with observations

c) some field measurement data for comparison

d) some coding skills - use of a debugger and (something
    like Sherlock Holmes had) to explore and document the
    existing code.

e) reading of the PhD work that was done 6-8 years ago
    to confirm the methods.

Anyone interested in starting up an interest group,
contributing information, or helping with the coding
or testing?

-Jon Hand