[esp-r] Is there any documentation on plant components?

Gunnar Thöle thoele at ifc-collegen.de
Tue Dec 5 11:14:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

as a happy Esp-r user for building simulation i am now making my first
steps into plant networks.

The problem i have come across is this:

Which node of multi-node components do i connect my other components to?

I am working with the ESP-R standard plant database.
And, when using a boiler, for example, upon defining a component, i get
asked "Which node to connect to: a water node     b water node".
I already know that Esp-r models components as bodies of fluids which
are tightly connected.
I suspect that my 2-node-boiler ("non-condensing boiler + aquastat
control") is modelled as two bodies of fluids, seemingly both water.
But: Is there any documentation on which node is what?
Where do i get my hot water?
Where do i supply the cold water?

Or for other components like the 8-node radiator: Where do i connect it?

I couldn't find any obvious documentation. Looking at the plant database
with the database management module didn't really help in answering my
question...
Is there any documentation around, besides matrix coefficients in the
plant database and one example of a wet central heating system?

Thank you,
Gunnar