[esp-r] 11.2: Precompiled Cygwin simulator is broken

Gunnar Thöle thoele at ifc-collegen.de
Mon Nov 27 10:21:34 GMT 2006

Hello,

i am, or better and currently correct, was a happy ESP-R user. I am
working on a project involving more than 30 buildings on an industrial site.

Well, running ESP-R 11.1 Cygwin precompiled was fine. The 11.2 update
broke it.

Running "bps" does nothing.
And i mean nothing. Not even an error message.

Having bps run from the project manager does nothing as well.

Running "bps -mode graphic" without an X server running does nothing,
not even an error message complaining about missing X11.

bps -mode text does nothing.

GTK and X11 versions both don't work.

A Cygwin environment update didn't help.

This is for the ESP-R cygwin precompiled binaries downloaded this
morning from the relevant server.

I wonder what's up here?
(I don't really want to compile myself on a Cygwin box. I am happy
compiling on my Linux machine at home, but i try to not make too many
changes to my Windows machine at work...)

Cheers, Gunnar