[esp-r] Re: handshaking mechanism

Beausoleil-Morrison, Ian ibeausol at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 29 19:56:39 BST 2006

Dear Monika,

To learn more about the handshaking mechanisms between ESP-r's building
thermal and CFD modelling domains, I recommend that you take a look at
my Ph.D. thesis, which is available in the "publications" section of
ESRU's web site.  Chapter 5 is of particular relevance.

Regards,
- Ian

________________________________

	From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Monika Hall
	Sent: September 12, 2006 09:06
	To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
	Subject: [esp-r] handshaking mechanism

	Dear all,

	I'm new with ESP-r and I have a question about the handshaking
mechanism at the CFD model.

	My model is a single office with a large window faced south, an
air inlet on the north side and an air outlet on the south side. The
office has an air change rate of 1.5 ac/h, witch means that free
convection is dominant (Gr/Re^2 >> 1).

	I have installed a flow network and would like to install a CFD
zone as well. What I would like to know is the temperature and air
velocity field in the office.

	After reading some publications my choice is a k-e-model with:

	-         Yuan log law for the vertical walls

	-         Neumann log law for ceiling and floor.

	But I'm confused about the different possibilities of handshake
mechanisms:

	-         no 3 or 4 or 5 for internal vertical walls (Yuan)

	-         no11 at the window (Yuan) and

	-         no 6 or 7 at floor/ceiling (Neumann)

	Has anyone experience with the handshaking mechanism? I would be
glad if someone could help me.

	Thank you.

	Best regards

	Monika