[esp-r] temperature control

Monika Hall Monika.Hall at josef-gartner.ch
Fri Sep 15 10:43:34 BST 2006

Dear all,

I have a problem to control the temperature.

My model is a mechanically ventilated room. The incoming air passes a mixing zone before it enters the room. I would like to heat/cool the room with the incoming air, therefore I need to couple the air temperature of the incoming air with the room air temperature. Depending on the room air temperature the temperature in the mixing zone have to increase or decrease.

I tried the coupling with 'zones/controls' and controller 'basic control'

- sensor senses the temperature of the room

- actuator is air point of the current zone (here mixing zone)

But the given heating / cooling setpoints are related with 'mixing zone'. There is no difference in the results between sensor senses room or mixing zone temperature.

Does anyone know, if I could solve this problem with 'zones controls' or must I install a plant?

Regards

Monika