[esp-r] TMC and thermophysical property replacement

esp-r at h-rd.org esp-r at h-rd.org
Thu Sep 14 15:05:42 BST 2006

Dear esp-r list members,

currently I am experimenting with optical control in TMC files.
Basically I have several questions:

1) My objective is to control the absorbed solar radiation of a construction.
The construction is not transparent, but it seems to me that using ESP-r, I can
models this construction as transparent.  Is this a reasonable approach?

2) Is ther specific documentation available on making the optical property set
for a construction?  for example for my construction I have set the visible
transmittance to 0,  and also the direct solar transmittance = 0.  It seems that
then the absortion of the different layers is not free to choose anymore?

3) Do the optical properties change the value of the emissivity?

4)  In the manual (Data Model Summary, ESP-r Version 9 Series, page 25) it is
stated:
   "In addition, it is possible to replace the thermophysical properties of
   the TMC. For each control period, an index points to an alternative set
   of thermophysical properties from a construction in the multi-constructional
   database. It is important that the number of elements in the replacement
   construction is the same as for the original construction. The replacement
   values are read in and stored in this file. If the index is zero, the
   thermophysical properties are unchanged."
Is there an example available?

yours sincerely,

Marc Hoffmann
esp-r at h-rd.org